There are various logs collected and sent to Stackdriver Logging using the Blue Medora Bindplane Log Agent:
- Server Logs
- Server Access Logs
- MCollective Logs
- MCollective Audit Logs
- Database Logs
- Database Access Logs
- Console Services Logs
- Console Services Access Logs
- Orchestration Services Logs
- Orchestration Access Logs
These logs help by providing information related to any HTTP requests that are made, the status codes of those requests, MCollective actions, general information regarding the Puppet database, or console related information. The utilization of Log-Based metrics within Stackdriver Logging can help to provide visibility into any issues related to your Puppet Enterprise server. The images below are examples of the logs being displayed within Stackdriver Logging.
Follow these steps to setup log collection for Puppet Enterprise.
- Locate the path to the Puppet Enterprise log files. Read more about the locations of the Puppet Enterprise log files
- Install the BindPlane Log Agent on the host system.
- Login to BindPlane and select the Logs tab.
- Select the Sources tab.
- In the top-right portion of the screen, click on the Add Source Configuration button
- Choose Puppet Enterprise
- Fill out the Puppet Enterprise log configuration options.
Updated about a year ago