There are various logs that can be collected and sent to Stackdriver Logging using the BlueMedora BindPlane Log Agent:
- Application Logs
- Production Logs
- API Logs
- Sidekiq Logs
- Shell Logs
These logs provide, when coupled with Stackdriver Logging, provide visibility into events that have occurred, such as user creation. Information related to tasks being processed in the background, requests being made directly to the API, Gitlab shell information, and Rails controller requests made from Gitlab are all included.
Here are a few example screenshots of logs being displayed in Stackdriver Logging
Follow these steps to setup log collection for Varnish.
- Locate the path to the Gitlab Rails Application Log files
- Locate the path to the Gitlab Rails Production Log files
- Locate the path to the Gitlab Rails API Log files
- Locate the path to the Gitlab Rails Sidekiq Log files
- Locate the path to the Gitlab Shell Log files
- Install the BindPlane Log Agent on the host system.
- Login to BindPlane and select the Logs tab.
- Select the Sources tab.
- In the top-right portion of the screen, click on the Add Source Configuration button
- Choose Gitlab
- Fill out the Gitlab log configuration options.
Updated about a year ago